In the following terms and conditions, ‘Competition’ means the Car Design Awards online competition and ‘Organiser’ means Ultima Media Ltd (publisher of Car Design News).
Are you eligible?
The competition is open to students enrolled as a full-time student in college or university anywhere in the world. Candidates must be in full-time education in the years 2015 or 2016.
While we welcome entries from students studying on non-automotive design courses (fashion, textile, design engineering and architecture) the work must be a transportation project.
Individuals not enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree course at a college or university are not eligible to apply.
All entries are individual – group entries are not allowed.
To verify that you are bona fide students, the name, email address, school, course name and contact information is required. We will verify your identity and eligibility to enter the competition.
All submissions must be uploaded through the competition website, in PDF format. There is no limit to the number or length of submissions. You may enter the competition in as many categories as you wish.
The deadline for entry is September 30, 2016. No new submissions will be accepted after this date. All submissions will be judged in October and November 2016, and the winners will be announced on November 25, 2016. Finalist presentations will take place via Skype or similar medium.
The overall winner of the Car Design Awards will win a cash prize of $3,000. Category winners will win a cash prize of $500. The schools you are studying at will be awarded points that go towards their ranking in the Car Design News Annual Schools Award and CDN Design School League Table.
Submission form accuracy, originality and publicity
Submissions must be your own original work. All submissions must be received by September 30, 2016 to be eligible.
We will want to show your work on Car Design News, so by entering you grant irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable rights to the use of the images and content of their submissions for public display and publication, including but not limited to the Car Design News website, Ultima Media publications, and third-party media organisations at the discretion of the Organisers and without any further compensation. Applicants represent and warrant that they have the right to grant the licenses provided herein and such use of their submissions will not infringe the trademark, copyright or other rights of any third party.
You also agree to the use of your name and likeness for purposes of advertising, display and promotion without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Copyright and right to buy
Copyright of your work remains with you.
The Organisers will notify the finalists individually on or about November 11, 2016. It is a condition of submission that your up-to-date contact information is given to us via the competition website.
The Organisers have the right at their absolute discretion to appoint and replace judges, and the decisions of the judges in the competition are final.
No responsibility or liability will be accepted by the Organisers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives, or anyone connected to this project for:
• lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or damaged submissions or any other such events that may occur; or
• technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connection or for distorted or scrambled computer transmissions or if, for any reason, computer programs are not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organisers that corrupt or affect administration, security, fairness, integrity or discretion of the Competition; or
• any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of submissions; or
• any technical malfunction of any telephone network, online transmission, servers or computer equipment, nor any software failure or failure or disruption of transmission of emails on account of technical problems, human error or congestion on the internet or any website; or
• any combination of the above, including any injury or damage to the applicant’s or any other’s computer related to or resulting from participation.
The Organisers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and accept no responsibility for any damages caused.